Bisquit VS and it's cocktails review

12:45:00 PM



Bisquit VS and It's Cocktails Review 

Most people associate cognac to be enjoyed neat or clean (or whatever way you may call it) and this has been the norm for many years. What if I told you there is another way to enjoy cognac, a more fun way and a way to really appreciate it if taking neat was way too much for you to stomach, yes I'm talking about cocktails!
Hold up wait, before you jump and start grabbing whatever is next to you and start making what you think is a 'cognac cocktail', the first thing we need to do first is to have a look at Bisquit on its own and let us appreciate the beauty that is this product.



We have to thank the people that made this review possible the wonderful people from Bisquit Cognac South Africa and Hello Conversation for sponsoring the review bottle (with some mixers).
So the bottle we have in our hands is the Bisquit VS. The VS stands for Very Special and this is the entry level offering of the cognac from the Bisquit line and don't be fooled just because it's entry level, they have not compromised the craftsmanship that goes into making a high quality classy cognac. Before you even open the bottle just looking at the packaging gives you an idea of what attention to detail went into producing this product and really gets you excited for what you're about to experience as you open the bottle.


When looking at the glass bottle itself and what seemingly looks like a simple design you are impressed further by the engraving of the emblem and what seems to be Bisquit's slogan? It's all engraved elegantly as it should be (I mean we are talking about a premium cognac here) complimenting the shape of the bottle is the cork that keeps the excellence of the cognac tightly enclosed (and boy was I excited and surprised when opening the bottle).

Now when it comes to enjoying the contents of the bottle I just have to say that my experience was very good as I was pleasantly impressed by the taste (I'm not a hard liquor drinker but I do on a rare occasion). Just before taking a sip a simple whiff through the nostrils gives you a prelude for the taste buds(the smell isn't brazen as other hard liquor products and I'm all for that) a suttle yet alluring smell makes you want to jump right in.


What I tasted when I took the first sip sent my taste buds for a taste adventure were a little bit of wood, smoky, coffee, caramel, maple, syrup and toasty flavours all combined into an interesting burst of flavour in that one sip which was super smooth (am I still drinking alcohol?) this simply put, is delicious.
Enjoying cognac on it's own (neat) is a pretty good experience just do it nice and slow and you'll savour all the goodness that you are meant to.  However some of us out there might not like this to our fancy as I can kinda say it's an acquired taste (basically in trying to say it's not for everyone) and that's why Bisquit has left it to me to assist you all out there (whether you already are drinking neat or can't handle neat) in providing many other ways for you to enjoy their very special cognac.

Bisquit Cocktails

I have been entrusted with the duty of bringing the awareness of a new selection of Bisquit cocktails and I need your full attention (just play along). Don't believe the misconception that cognac should never or cannot be used to make cocktails, do I have news for you! It turns out that cognac cocktails have been there in the early years of cognac and that's a very long time ago, unfortunately as time went by they grew less popular (that's just sad) but you can change that by simply making them yourself or requesting them at a bar or restaurant but for now making them is more fun and I'll just share with you how fun and easy it was to make them.




The recipes






Bisquit Summit
This one required some preparation as it has a number of ingredients but other than that very easy to make. Taste wise I can say it's the most refreshing out of the 3(I think this is further enhanced by the extra items that go with it) very crisp cocktail, perfect summer cocktail (actually when making this one the weather was blazing hot). I would strongly recommend this one to the ladies mainly because of its sweet scents but I'm not saying that fellas shouldn't enjoy this one (real men DO drink pink drinks) it's just a perfect match for ladies wanting to try a cognac cocktail.


Bisquit 2B
I honestly have to say that this cocktail is my number two favourite cocktail, ever! (my first being a Dirty Martini) A lot of similarities are shared in taste with my favourite cocktail. Very unique indeed might not be for everyone but if you like to be different (like me) and believe that not every drink should be overly sweet then you will enjoy this one as much as I did with its earthy and leafy flavours.



Bisquit Orchard
Lovely, sweet and fizzy! If those are the words that will get you through this summer then this is the cocktail for you. A definite crowd favourite as this one is not specific to it's drinkers as this has some hints of iced tea (and we all love iced tea). It's like drinking a sunset by that I mean it makes you feel like you're at some remote island laying on the beach and watching the sun set while you enjoy a Bisquit cocktail (as you should lol).

A lot of fun was had while making this post (best post I've done so far) I got pretty tipsy but who else was going to taste those cocktails and boy they were delicious I hoping you are also getting excited to try them out yourself, you can easily follow the recipes I've posted above or you can view more here 

You can also follow Bisquit: Facebook, Twitter or you could go straight and purchase a bottle online Vinoteque or even walk into your leading local liquor retail store

Be sure to leave a comment and tell me what you think and share this post so we can all enjoy these awesome cocktails and cognac.

Mr Lunga


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Total Pageviews