Opulence Wine Review

4:15:00 PM

Opulence Wine Review


First thoughts
I've been a wine lover for the longest time but in recent years I've neglected my love for wine in favour for beer, there were many factors that made me just focus on just beer (my bar doesn't sell wine) I have less time to have gatherings with friends where wine is shared. This has me thinking how much I use love wine but mostly one loves wine because of it's affordability (we won't use the word cheap here).

So it was with great pleasure that the people at the Converstion Squared and Merriment & Co were kind enough to let me sample a bottle to review, thanks, guys!



Bottle
Let's talk about the branding of the bottle. I mean just look at it, amazing right? I don't think I've seen a uniquely, beautifully designed bottle for wine. It's so edgy it's cool and with this remarkable design I'm sure the target market it's intended for (hipsters, youth) will be paying attention. This bottle is so fancy it's almost like a premium bottle of vodka but that's what is cool about, whoever said wine should be boring and for the 'bougie' I welcome this new, fresh and bold take on presenting wine so elegantly and so modern.
I'll admit when I first laid eyes on it I just couldn't stop looking at it, I even started asking myself am I supposed to drink to drink this or keep it as an ornament (yeah it's that beautiful).

Taste
The Merriment & Co. company really takes pride in presenting luxury products and they have gone out of their way in producing a truly outstanding wine made organically (I mean such detail) and handcrafted.

"A premium red wine with opulent flavours of dark fruit, violets and a slight hint of black pepper. Seductively smooth palate with a lingering soft finish, hints of oak and lightly textured tannins"



That is the way they describe what you can expect from drinking each glass, what I experienced from just opening the bottle was aromas of violet and everything luxurious like velvet this really sets you in a mood of being upper class if I may say. 

Smooth with each sip, I really can't express how natural it tastes. The way it tastes takes you through a trip in your mind, you seem to be with the wine going through how it was produced (well for me anyway) now that's a special kind of wine. It's like going through a personal tour of the private reserve that it originates from. To put it simply it tastes like masterfully made Cabernet Sauvignon (but don't quote me on this).



Final Thoughts
Truly enjoyed this wine for what is and what it represents I honestly felt like royalty drinking it and I'm sure you'll also have your own luxurious experience while drinking it. Be sure to get your bottle (or more) from most leading retail stores.


The price of the wine is R90.00 you can get the wine at  Pick n Pay,  Makro, Aroma, Blue Bottle, Game, Ultra and Norman Goodfellows stores countrywide. 

Mr Lunga

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Total Pageviews